Friday, March 5, 2010

The effect Lucas' Star Wars had on me as a child.

Hi, my name is Bernadette Smith, and I am an aspiring filmmaker. I am currently studying film and practicing diligently by making commercials, short films, and etc. But this love of film started when I was a little girl. It all started with Star Wars. I saw the Return of the Jedi and I was forever hooked on movies and scifi. The special effects were phenomenal, the sound design was awesome, and Lucas' ability to transport the audience to another world was outstanding. It felt so real people walked around greeting each other with, "May the Force be with you!" For a single set of films to affect a society like that means a lot. It means one is really in tune with what people think and desire. It is hard to think of other movies that have caused that much universal excitement. And of course, even today these movies still inspire individuals. So, in short, I would love to one day be able to make a great story as awesome as the Star Wars films. Will it happen? Who knows, but I can dream...

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Bernie! Can we follow you on Twitter? This way we can show up to your film locations and watch you work. :)

    ReplyDelete